Friday, August 8, 2008

Old Hundred Mine.

On our last day in Colorado we decided to do something completely new. It is amazing that we have been going to the "cabin" (which now that it double in size, we should almost say lodge!) for 16 years and we didn't even think about getting a travel brochure to see what there is to do around town. We saw that in Silverton there is a old mine that does a tour then you can pan for gold. It was really fun and glad we decided to fork the money out for it. $69 for the family. Thank you Quinn's for kicking our tushes to try something new again!

 
Suited up for the tour. Our group didn't scare anyone away like we hoped. A full tour group.

 


Inside the mine. I forgot Donelle is claustrophobic. She did O.K. and held her panic attack pretty well. She won't be going back!


 



Panning for gold. We got squat expect for little silver beads. That part was pretty lame but the little kids did not notice the lameness in the least.


 





Another older mine in Silverton.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dennison Family said...

That gold mine looks really cool! your boys seemed to have lots of fun there, even if Donelle was having a panic attack! lol

Donelle said...

Okay...so I totally hated that mine. I guess I thought we would only go in a few feet where I could still see some outside light...WRONG. I really was about to freak out on you all but glad I could keep my composure. You're right...I won't be going back ever!