Monday, February 11, 2008

A Serene Sunday

Yesterday I decided that my kids play way to much on their video games. We have a Wii, Playstation 1 and 2, Gamecube, Gameboys, and a PSP. During the week they are not allowed to play beacause of homework, so when Friday night comes... WATCH OUT!! Most of the day on Saturdays and Sundays I been letting them play as well. Well I decided, way too late I know, that Sundays should be game free. Now for most of you that is probably the norm as it should be, but least we forget that we are Gardner's. Cole was not thrilled about my decision but when I explained my reasons he gave in so we would be a unified front.
I told my kids about our decision and wrote up a list of all the other things they could do. I think I had close to 30 or so suggestions. Well you would have thought I physically slapped them across the face. Jason 14, and Nick 12 were the hardest to convice and the both left the room with tears in their eyes and mopped the rest of the day. Well I'm standing tall on this and hope it makes our Sundays more serene and my kids more well rounded!

5 comments:

Alene said...

Wow! I have to say that is a big step. I don't know if I would be so brave. Good luck on Sunday's :)

dezertgirlaz said...

I'm very proud of you! Your kids will thank you for it someday, that day may be far away, but some day they will eventually speak to you again! Makes more time for spiritual movie time with "The Ringer!"

Dennison Family said...

Wow, good for you! That will be hard to stick by, especially when we get done with church by 11am, but I know you can do it! Good luck with the list of other things to do!

Shelley said...

What a good Mom! They'll thank you someday! And I know you can stick to it! They'll get used to doing other things :)

CYOJ class info said...

That is fabulous! Your family will be stronger for it. I think you should blog your list of the 30 approved activities. We could all use some new ideas.