Thursday, February 7, 2008

27 dresses and a few more

To wish Jenn and Chrissy a happy birthday we decided to go for the gusto and return to our "themed" parties. Since Donelle is 2 states away, some of us have step into her large shoes and try our best to fill them.
We had a 27 dresses party. We all wore old bridemaids dresses or outfits that were represented in the movie, hence Jenn and Leslie. Since the last time I was a bridesmaid was when I was 16, I opted for the lovely frock Donelle graced us with for the "Miss America" party.
We started the with a bridal shower/birthday party with desserts. Mini cheesecakes, creampuffs, fruit and dip, and of course a lovely bridal cake. Then on to the presents. I can't believe our racy panties and naughty books did ot even make Jenn and Chrissy blush. Chrissy even started to read the book aloud!
We then were off to the movie, dresses and all. We did get a few looks but it wasn't till we were at the concession stand that any one asked what we were up to. I think my favorite comment was when a lady asked and the girls were explaining it to her when she looked at me and said, "Did someone make her wear THAT dress as a bridesmaid?". The movie was great and I thank Liz for putting this together with me.


Donelle was our Maid Of Honor for the night.
Chrissy and Jenn Cutting the cake together. I know what it looks like, not that's there is anything wrong with that!
Liz, Alene, Me, Shelley, Jessica, Chrissy
Melody(flower girl), Jenn, Picture of Donelle, Leslie

We missed some friends and hope to see you at the next party!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Donelle said...

What a great party! Thanks for having me there as the maid of honor. You all look great! You are a great party planner!

stacy said...

this looks like the greatest party! you girls are so creative. i love that donnell was there anyway.

Alene said...

I had a great time. Thanks for all your work! I think you had the best dress by far!!

Unknown said...

You guys are hillarious!!!! What a cute idea. Tanisha, do you know Kim Skinner (Post). She emailed me and said she found a picture of me on your blog. Small world. Guess what, I am YW's Pres. again!!! AAAAAHHHHHH! As if my life wasn't crazy enough. Your blog is so cute. I loved looking at it. Love, Tiff Moser

Dennison Family said...

Yeah!! Fun party! You have great pics! Would you e-mail them to me!
I don't take any credit for organizing. You did most of the work! Thanks for volunteering your house! Here are to LOTS more parties!!

Stacy said...

I saw your name on Tiff's blog and decided to click onto yours - hope that's okay!! What a fun party idea...I'm jealous. I just saw that movie with my sister and we LOVED it. It beat sitting through it with exasperated husband with rolling eyes and sarcastic comments! Your boys are so big - I can't believe how quickly time flies!! Hope your doing well. I'm Weight Watchin' too these days after child #5 (yes...5!) Starving myself...I mean counting points.... is unpleasant but life is more fun when your skinny, so I guess I'll keep at it (I have 13.2 to go!) Any way, it was fun to see your blog. I miss Summerfield! Love, Stacy

Always Smiling said...

Thank You for a wonderful, Fabulous, amazing time! I especially loved your dress! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends! It was so Fun!

Afton said...

Love the dress Nisha! From the bottom of who's closet did you dig that one out of?