Wednesday, March 5, 2008

22 Reasons Why I Love Donelle & Count Her As A Friend!

1. Was my one of my rollerblading buddies and our never ending friendly battle to be the skinniest. She now wins. I've gained 12 pounds since she left.

2. Our late night visits to Sonic & Dairy Queen (even on a Sunday once) to have our own gripe sessions.

3. She introduced me to some amazing friends that I love dearly as much as she does.

4. Pulling pranks with others in the ward. One year delivering old dishwashers and putting them on porches with lights around them. Another year a old car wrapped in lights and christmas crap and putting in front of the Bishops house. We were one of the recipients and loved it.

5. She throws amazing parties and thinks it out to the last detail. Our own group activity leader if you will. Had some of the BEST ward parties I've seen!

6. Remembers every ones Birthday.

7. Is the best cruising buddy around and I can't wait to do it again someday.

8. Will not tolerate the phase " I don't have the time". In her eyes everyone has the same time, we just have to use it to the best of our ability.

9. Was the best camp director I had, even if we only spent 3 actual hours at camp before the fire drove us out. Though 3 years later I was hers and can say I've sleep next to Donelle in her "unddies". You got to be friends after that experience.

10. Can pick out the ugliest dress out of Savers and go out in public in it.

11. Loves her Family and heritage and shares that with her friends. Just ask her and she'll show you the sights of Safford and meet the parents. Maybe you'll be lucky and get some pecans from the Wheeler's trees.

12. Has a nursing degree and is a hard working ER nurse. Love her stories too!

13. Loves to go shopping with me and can talk me into buying just about anything. (Not that it is too hard!)

14. Is the reason I started to blog.

15. Made us go out and start having "Girls Nights". Gotta love her just for that one alone.

16. Is a person I look up to spiritually. She has helped me gain a stronger testimony and be a better person.

17. Taught us that even while camping you can still make ice cream the old fashion way.

18. Is making me go to a country concert. Hell might be freezing over on May 31st!

19. Let me tear down her ugly, I mean lovely wall paper and enjoy ever minute of it!

20. Has a husband that can just do about everything and fix anything. Now I love Cole dearly but I do envy Donelle on that.

21. Has 2 girls that I can make bracelets for and pretend they are mine when they stay with us.

22. Is a true friend and will always be there for you.


7 comments:

Donelle said...

Tanisha, Thank you so much brightening one of the worst days of my life. I know that I can always count on my friends to get me through anything. I would not be able to make it through this Texas experience without you! I love you and I think that you are GREAT!!

Dennison Family said...

This is the PERFECT tribute to such a GREAT friend! What would we do without Donelle!! Even in Texas you influence us!

crankymomma said...

Donelle is one of the most amazing women I know. She is loving and compassionate and puts her whole self into everything she does. She's a wonderful person and a great friend. And not only that, she's the most amazing sister ever! I'm the lucky one to have her in my life!

Shelley said...

I LOVE this!! Donelle is such an amazing person, and I know she's in my life for a reason, and I'm so grateful! Everyone needs to have a friend like her, and I'm so blessed that I do!! Love you!

PS: I love the picture of us shooting guns! Fun memories!

Alene said...

Donelle is the best. I am glad she has been in our lives and not only been such a great friend to each of us, but thru her, she has helped us to all be friends too!!

dezertgirlaz said...

Ditto on all the ones that don't include husbands or kids!! Seriously though, she had impacted all of our lives for the better and we are lucky to know her! She's Ghandi, and Mother Teresa rolled up in one fabulous red head!

Unknown said...

I strongly second everything written by Tanisha. She is amazing. She has gone down in my book as one of the most amazing friends, person, and counselor that anyone could ever have. You rock Donelle.