Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kauai - Day 5

Today we kayaked down the Wailua River and hiked to Secret Falls. The adventure was fun but very tiring. We had to kayaked 2 miles, then hike 1.5 miles to the "secret falls" with 100 other tourist! Then hike back to the kayaks and paddle back the 2 miles. Jason and Nick kicked our butts going back in the kayaks. We then went to lunch for Pizza and Dogs at Costco. You just can't beat the prices (same as the mainland and a bargain on this island) and the views are the best anywhere. Tomorrow is a sight seeing tour to the Koke e State Park. The Hawaiian "Grand Canyon". Pictures to come.





4 comments:

Donelle said...

I bet they did kick your butts. I love that you ate at Costco:)

CYOJ class info said...

Next time, take me with you!! This seems like so much fun and I am way overdue for a vacation.

Alene said...

It looks like tons of fun! I cant wait to see all your pictures!

dezertgirlaz said...

Holy cow kayaking?! Go you guys! I would have flipped over in the first minute! Can't wait to hear all the stories I am sure you all have!