Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Backyard Campout

Almost as soon as I saw my first born son I realized I would have to be
a part of the scouting program. As my fifth boy was in my arms, I knew
I was now doomed to at least 15 years to scouting. Trevor needed to go
camping and cook outside to get his outdoors man. Since Cole goes camping
once a month with the Deacons, you can bet he doesn't want to go with his family for fun. He and Nick
were gone this weekend as so it fell to me. I enlisted Jason and his friends Chris and T.J. ( They were not much help.)
So here is my attempt at cooking with the kids, putting up a tent, and getting out of actually sleeping outside.
The kids loved it and he now can get his Arrow of Light as well, which is the highest award a
cub scout can get.


Cooking with the kids.










MJ is looking out for us!












My three little kiddos.












My three big kiddos. They did help out by sleeping outside so I didn't have to.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

weaverfam said...

What a great mom! I can't wait to see Trevor earn his awards at Pack Night! I don't know if I would let MJ sleep in a tent with my kids...

Donelle said...

You are the bomb! What, you didn't sleep outside? I was sure that you would. Hey, we can start doing scout stuff togther soon. Nicolas gets to start in May and he is super excited.

Alene said...

You are a GREAT mom! Nice to see MJ made an appearance...nothing like a creepy camp experience, right? :)