Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cole's 39th Birthday

My man has turned 39! For some reason I felt this birthday I should do very domestic projects. The first was to make him a "101 things I love about you" collage. Donelle forced me, I mean helped me start it. It did come out great and Cole really appreciated it. I have no pictures but will blog it soon. The second was his cake. We watch "Ace of Cakes" on the food channel and love the cakes. I decided he had to have a great cake. Fondant is not my friend, but I tried anyway. I think it looked good for a first try and it tasted great.

  Cole a opening presents at his parents house.

  The Gardner gang.

  Drum roll please... the cake!

  Please ignore the mess.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Donelle said...

Cake looks great. Hey, we can put that in our party book. Glad he liked the 101 things! Happy BDay Cole...next year is the big one!

Alene said...

You did a great job! I love it. Happy Birthday Cole. I'm glad he likes his 101 things...I hope he got to use his other presents as well :)

Dennison Family said...

That cake looks GREAT!! For not liking fondant, I would say you did really well! I hope cole was as proud of you about the cake as he was about the 101 things! By the way, that looked really nice! Good job!

Afton said...

The cake was great and so was mine. Ooh...did you take a picture of the cake you made me? I'd like a copy if you did, it was very creative.