Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Christmas of aprons

My friend Kelly made these cute vintage aprons for boutiques this year then also taught a class on how to make them. Needless to say my OCD caught the apron bug and I felt the need to make 40 for friends and family. I had to call on best buddy Alene to help me sew them in time for Christmas. I got them done in time and hope all who got one will enjoy them. Now I need to still make one, Mine!

 
Aprons in different stages scattered in my living room.
 

 
Alene and I sewing

 
Two recipients. My s-i-l Afton and m-i-l MaryKaye.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Afton said...

All your aprons turned out really cute. I love mine and so do my sister in laws. (I showed them) Now they want some. Looks like I need to learn how to make them now.
PS - Ethan LOVES his! He wore it all Christmas day. He was mad at me when I said he couldn't wear it to bed. THe next morning, it went right back on!

stacy said...

i am dying!!!! i love these. teach me! or just make me one. hahaha! yeah, make me one that's the best idea.

CYOJ class info said...

You are a good woman to spend so much time making all those aprons. You were sewing for weeks!! You did a great job! I am sure all who recieved them will love them.

dezertgirlaz said...

I love mine!!! I am the envy of all of ladies in Safford that is for sure! You are amazing and the fact that you made it and put so much thought into choosing the perfect one for everyone means a lot! "Slap mah fro!"

Dennison Family said...

I LOVE my apron!! I wear it all the time! I can't believe you made 40!! That is insane! I'm very impressed, adn look at how great your sewing skills are! Thank you thank you!!