Monday, October 20, 2008

More State Fair Wins.

My friend Kelly has had her children put items into the state fair for years. She has tried to get our family to do it as well. This year she and her mother finally convinced us. Kelly's mother, Mary Ellen, was in charge of the craft section this year. We had so much fun making and putting together our items to take. We won some ribbons and had a great experience. We are definitely hooked now and have come up with a game plan for next year.

 
I won 1st on my "101 things I love about you". Thanks to Donelle for the idea and push to make this. I even got a special ribbon for it. I also won 1st for my salsa!

 
I had Alene put her decoupage craft in and she won 2nd place!

 
This is Kelly's daughter Nicole. She made this fabulous quilt and won 1st.

 
We worked on a quilt to demo how to do it. The boys were not happy but they tried. I don't think we were really qualified to demo this.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That is so cool!! I want to enter something in the State Fair!! You guys did a great job. Congrats on the fun ribbons. You are all very talented!

Donelle said...

I am so proud of you!! And I love the idea...I am so entering when we get back to AZ! Great job on the 101 things, however, it was originally Maya's idea...but I'll still take the credit:)